Sunday 23 December 2012

SUPERMAN: FAIL

Dear Mummy,

Initially, I thought it was a very ingenious and creative idea to clamber to the top of your headboard on your bed, to put my superman heroics to their test.

Urged on by Linc's chants and squeals of excitement, I thought my courageous attempt at reenacting superman's ability to fly, would be destined for greatness.  However, my kamikaze leap from the towering height did not result in the deafening applause and congratulations that I had envisioned.

Unfortunately, as you now know, my showmanship abruptly ended when my skull collided with the furiously rotating ceiling fan, which knocked me rudely out of the air.  You apparently only witnessed the grand finale as I bounced awkwardly off the bed, into the wooden blinds and sprawling into a mess on the carpet.


When you flew into the room, no doubt attracted by the sudden crashing noises, I saw your face crumble and watched you spring into action as the first signs of blood start to ooze through my finger tips.  No sooner than you reached me, the trickle of blood had turned into a gusher and my initial shock had graduated to become panicked screams.

Later, I heard you tell grandma and grandpa, family and friends that a mother shouldn't see that much blood.  I don't think a kid should either. I didn't even know that stuff lived in my head, which is probably why I freaked out so much ... Well that, and the searing pain in my noggin.

Mummy, as I don't want you to relive the entire sequence of those tragic events in gory detail, I just wanted to write this letter to say thanks and that I reckon you did really well under the circumstances.  You were like Fireman Sam to the rescue! On the bright side I got to go on my first adventure to the emergency room.
 
The doctors were really friendly when they came to 'fix my head'.  However, Mummy, I thought you exhibited some very odd and inappropriate behaviour at the hospital though. For example it was strange when you showed concern and winced as the nurse cleaned out my wound, when I only found the whole process funny and laughed because it was "tickling me". Yet when they were cutting my hair around it, you and the doctor were giggling when my locks started to fall to the ground and I suddenly became horrified and declared he was "hurting my hair".

Overall though, despite having to be glued back together, I quite enjoyed our impromptu hospital excursion, so I can't really comprehend why you said you never wanted to take me there again!?

Love Ollie xoxo

PS. Don't worry. I've learnt my lesson: Never attempt superman stunts again ... at least, not without my cape.




2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!Ollie, what a mistake not using your cape..I bet mummy was really worried, no wonder she doesn't want to take you to the hospital, it must have been an experience for you little man...Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Lesley! Certainly an experience I never want to relive in a very long time! nervous lol ... horrible!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...