Tuesday 18 December 2012

I'M A BOY. THAT'S MY JOB.

Dear Mummy,


I know you can't understand my compulsive attraction to dirt, but what can I say ... I'm a boy and that's my job.

I, on the other hand fail to comprehend your obsession with clean clothes and I'm a little concerned about the OCD behaviour you exhibit a when it comes to washing our hands and scrubbing our faces all the time. What's with that?

The moment that back door creaks open, I seize the opportunity to escape into the great outdoors.  Like a magnet, I'm compelled to seek out dirt, collect random rocks, flick sand madly out of the sandpit like it doesn't belong there and to create muddy puddles if none are already in existence.  I can't explain it.  It's just part of my primitive instincts I suppose and besides, it's awesome fun!



I love the challenge of smearing myself in layers of filth and dirt within seconds of you turning your attention elsewhere.  My favourite part is intently watching for your comical facial expressions when I taste my own mud pies and sample the various textures with my tongue.







Face it Mummy, just like Peppa Pig, I love jumping in muddy puddles and there's not much you can do about it.  You may wrongly assume that you could keep me, locked on the radar, under your controlling stares 24/7, but even you know you'd have to blink at some point.

As you say, boys will be boys.  Mummy, I think you should just sit back, accept it and enjoy the ride!



Love Linc xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...