Friday 29 June 2012

MY SECOND BIRTHDAY

Dear Mummy,

I love birthdays!  Especially mine.

Big Bird, Elmo and Oscar the Grouch Cupcakes
I want to thank you profusely for the cupcake creations you made last night.  They are really yummy!  Elmo is my favourite one.  Devouring his eyeballs first and then gnawing off his nose is definitely the way to go.  I heard you, rummaging around in the kitchen, late last night and until the early hours this morning, attempting to create those cheeky little characters.  You thought I was sleeping soundly, but I was actually listening to you sporadically mutter those 'adult words' that you endeavor to avoid saying around Ollie and I.  From what I could work out, you became particularly animated over Big Bird's beak and apparently Oscar's eyebrows were 'giving you the sheets' ( ? ).

I also reckon you should have put Daddy in the naughty corner, instead of berating him with a tirade of 'adult words' when he pinched and scoffed a cupcake before you were finished.  The harrowing naughty spot would have been more effective.  It works for us!

Gosh Mummy, you must have vowed to have the patience of a nun this morning.  Today I turned two and Ollie tells me that I have acquired the licence to turn terrible.  Well I certainly tested that theory this morning but I would still like to explain my behaviour.

Firstly, I only woke you up at the crack of dawn to ensure that you had finished decorating my cupcakes.  I have determined that sitting on your head with a full wet nappy, swinging my legs and arms in your face and giggling loudly is a more effective way to force you out bed quickly rather than that silly clock next to your bed.

Secondly, I only pulled random things out of the pantry onto the floor as I was unimpressed that the cupcakes were not a birthday breakfast staple.  I was unable to locate their whereabouts.

Once dressed and taken through the 'good behaviour routine' that we are subjected to each time we are about to venture into the big wide world, to associate with 'real' people, I did make the decision that I was opposed to the selected attire that you had clothed me in for the day.  There was only a small window of opportunity to let you know this too, so I opened it.  Whilst you were in the final stages of getting us ready to depart the house, I thought it was a great idea to sneak outside and do a birthday dance in a couple of those deep muddy puddles that have been accumulating all week from the constant rain.  From previous experience, this also ensures a prompt, yet sometimes harsh response, resulting in a new outfit.

Admittedly, during that limited time of escape, I had another brilliant idea.  By taking one of your shoes with me into that muddy quagmire, it would guarantee that you would think about me, your adorable little two year old, all day and every time your left foot felt that squishy feeling ooze between your toes.   

Mummy, I am astounded as you did not raise your voice once or even threaten me with the naughty corner.  If anything you rewarded me and took Ollie and I to "Krazy Maze" to celebrate my birthday with our little friends, to a magical place considered the 'playground of Eden' or the 'children's utopia'.  All day I raced around, hopped up on sugary cupcakes and running as fast as my little two year old legs could go.  So much to see, so much to do, so many little people to chase ... playtime overload!

I wish I could stay here forever!




Apart from Ollie trying to enforce his 'House Rule Number One', it was the best birthday ever!  Besides the bright and shiny presents, the cake and the excitement, I've also realised that birthdays are like having a 'get out of the naughty corner - free' card.  I'm looking forward to my next birthday now ... I have a year to plan! ;)

Love Linc xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...